- 1 Introduction
- 2 GS2 workings
- 3 GS2 capabilities
This page contains links to a selection of pre-existing documents related to gs2. These may be either
- Documents which explain how gs2 works.
- Documents which explain what gs2 can do.
- Published papers about gs2.
If you feel like adding turning any of these into articles on the wiki, it would be very much appreciated.
How to add documents to this wiki
Sourceforge won't allow pdfs on the wiki (alas)! Here is the workaround:
- Download the SVN folder (using $ svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/gyrokinetics/code/wikifiles/ <LOCAL DIRECTORY> )
- If it does not exist create a folder inside the SVN folder for yourself (using $ svn mkdir <INITIALS>)
- Copy your document into this folder
- Upload your document to the SVN respository (using $ svn add <NEW FILE>)
- Commit your document to the repository (using $ svn commit -m "Description of the changes you made"), note you must be a developer on this project
- Make these documents accessible as http links (using $ make upload USER=<sourceforge username>)
- Now link to your file directly from the wiki (using the wiki command [http://svn.code.sf.net/p/gyrokinetics/code/wikifiles/<INITIALS>/<FILENAME> <TITLE>])
- Gyrokinetic Basics
- Derivation of straight-field, electromagnetic GK equations
- (Long) manual documenting AstroGK, which is based on GS2
- The GS2 Algorithm
Layouts in GS2
- Kotschenreuther's 1995 paper, including a description of the original linear algorithms.
- Note on implementation of timestepping algorithm in GS2, including discussion of collisions
- Documentation on using operator splitting to evolve collisions
Fast Fourier Transforms
Velocity Space Grids
- Analytic Geometry Specification
- GS2/GENE Miller Parameter Comparison
- Notes on Local Equilibrium Implementation
- Random notes from Tomo Tatsuno (2006) There must be a better way to link to this.
- Hammett's accumulated notes and tools
An old training presentation
Be aware that things may have changed since this was written!
Transport in stochastic magnetic fields
- Gyrokinetic linear theory of the entropy mode in a Z pinch
- Nonlinear gyrokinetic turbulence in a Z pinch
- Transport barrier instabilities
- Nonlinear ETG benchmark paper (Nevins, et al)
- Follow-up nonlinear ETG benchmark paper
- Gyrokinetic simulations of turbulent particle pinch
- Gyrokinetic simulations of collisionless magnetic reconnection
- Effect of shaping, finite $ \rho_p $ and shaping on the zonal flow residual
- Entropy cascade
- Toroidal ETG critical gradient
- Early V&V with GS2 (Ross et al)